I sit down with America’s #1 relationship expert, Dr Pat Allen. She has been hailed by Oprah, is a best selling author, and has 47 years of experience. I had the privilege of working with her myself. Feel free to take notes and pause and re-listen to different segments of this episode. She is a pioneer, thought-leader, and has revolutionized the way we think about relationships.
In this conversation, she shares something she has never shared before (her words not mine :). She shares how equality is the death of intimacy, masculine vs feminine energy and how a relationship should be a waltz not a slam dance. One might think her teachings are antiquated but when you really listen to her she is actually very forward thinking.
- Go get her book “Getting to I do”! It changed my life.
- 1:45 Masculine vs Feminine Energy
- 2:30 Being respected vs cherished
- 5:17 Negotiation in a relationship
- 5:47 Equality in relationship
- 9:23 How social media has impacted dating
- 10:11 How women get what they want
- 13:15 Feminist Movement- career woman vs being a woman with a career
- 15:13 being a couple and working together
- 16:44 what women should say to get monogamy
- 18:24 casual sex for women
- 19:00 who is marriage is for?
- 19:45 Monogamy in a relationship
- 24:32 Can intimacy get better
- 25:06 What happens to men and women as we age
- 27:03 Negotiation in a relationship
- 28:30 3 kinds of relationships
- 33:39 Rapid Fire Questions