I got to use some of my Farsi for this interview! woot woot!
For anyone who has a passion and wants to live the life of their dreams… this interview is for you.
I love Maz and I love how honest he is, I thoroughly enjoyed my conversation. We covered a lot of ground. We chat about interracial marriage. Maz breaks down what it’s like coming from immigrant parents and the pressure to do what they want you to do versus what was in his heart.
One of my favorite things he said is “People ask me all the time, when would you consider yourself successful and I say, the moment I decided to do this, I was successful.
He also dives into how he became a regular at the comedy store, which is home to some of the biggest comedians in the world; what roles he will and won’t do; and we end with what it feels like to bomb on stage.
- 2:50- Dating Persian Women or not
- 5:40 Bringing his wife home for the first time
- 8:50 Maz’s biggest defining moments in his career
- 12:20 Becoming a regular at the Comedy Store
- 19:02 How Axis of Evil tour developed
- 22:00 What his biggest bomb/failure on stage and what does it teach you
- 29:47 the legacy Maz wants to leave behind