Carla wears many hats- she is a businesswoman, producer, contributor (columnist) to Harpers Bazaar Arabia- owns her own advisory firm- CDB Advisory & now adds documentarian to her resume. In this interview, we cover Carla’s journey from working with and being Kim Kardashian’s best friend to working for Steve Wynn to working with movie producer Avi Lerner. She shares what she learns from working with incredibly powerful people.
We discuss how Carla views gender inequality in the Middle East and how she believes she is helping create more awareness. She goes in-depth about why her new project, “Electric Kingdom” is so important to her and how it’s lifting the veil on previous misconceptions about the Middle East.
- 1:30 Is she a blogger or Instagram & her work with Harpers Bazaar Arabia
- 3:20 Her start and friendship with Kim Kardashian
- 5:09 What did she learn from such influential people
- 6:32 Biggest defining moment in her career so far
- 8:00 Going to Dubai- learning Arabic
- 9:50 How she is creating more awareness to gender equality in the Middle East
- 11:35 Biggest misconception about the Middle East
- 12:20 Trailer for her new Documentary Electric Kingdom
- 14:10 What this project means to her, why she created it
- 20:10 how she uses fitness to stay in her femininity