What does it mean to pursue that thing, that career that sets your soul on fire? Let’s face it, pursuing our passions isn’t always an easy thing, it’s filled with so many up and downs, BUT those courageous enough to do so couldn’t imagine doing anything else.
In today’s episode we hear how actor Josh Bitton found his passion- One moment of being purely present shaped the course of his life forever, it was something he had been missing, wanting and hoping for. In that moment he realized the power of storytelling.
Josh breaks down the stereotypes of what it means to be a man and that’s it’s ok to feel and express himself; how addiction shaped who he is and impacted his artistry; and the defining moments that led him to not only become Eminem’s acting coach, but to act on over 40 different tv shows ranging from The Pacific, The Night Of, Justified and American Vandal.
This episode highlights the importance of a strong mindset- Josh’s evolved as he evolved. He generously shares how his personal mindset of “pick me, pick me” was actually rooted in past trauma and that being picked meant you were worth something. Through therapy and Al-anon, he came to understand that HE IS ENOUGH. Beautiful, profound and deep. Thank you, Josh, for being who you are, thank you for sharing your art with the world and thank you for sharing your story. May we all take with us these simple yet profound words… KNOW THAT YOU ARE ENOUGH.
- TWITTER: @joshuabitton
- INSTAGRAM: @joshuabitton
- 1:30 – How he found his passion | understanding the power of storytelling
- 4:30 – What it means to be a man
- 5:13 – How dealing with addiction impacted him and his artistry
- 11:15 – Defining a moment in his career – how he became Eminem’s acting coach
- 16:46 – Defining moment in LA & booking The Pacific
- 19:28 – Mindset dealing with the high’s & lows
- 22:40 – The legacy you want to leave behind in a couple of words